World Amateur Radio Day Seminar 2017
Special Event Call Sign: 8T1WRD
(Special Call Station will be available from 00:01 hrs (IST) of 17.03.2017 to 23:59 hrs (IST) of 19.03.2017. Station will be active on 2m (145.650 Mhz -ve shift), 20 m (14.205 Mhz) and 40m (7.155 Mhz). Also all registered delegates will be able to use the Special Call Sign followed by their Call Sign at the dates and time previously mentioned.)
Seminar Theme: ‘An Introduction to Amateur Radio in India and its relevance in the 21st Century.’
1. Chair of the Seminar: Vice President of ARCCS-VU2GIN: Janab Dr. M. Nuruzzaman, MLA. – VU3YOH.
2. Chief Guest: Principal of The Assembly of God Church School: Mr. Victor Singh – VU2 Qualified.
3. Special Guest of Honour: Principal of Kingston Polytechnic College: Prof. Diptarup Bandhyopadhyay.
5. Special Guest of Honour: Chief Commissioner – West Bengal, Bharat Scouts & Guides: Shri Debaditya Chakraborty (IAS).
6. Special Guest of Honour: State Secretary – West Bengal, Bharat Scouts & Guides: Shri Pallav Basu.
7. Guest of Honour and Keynote Speaker: Engineer, Inventor & Veteran Amateur Radio Operator: Shri Indranil Majumdar – VU2KFR.
8. Master of Ceremony: Student of Class XII Science of Pratt Memorial School: Ms. Ramsha Tuba – VU3RTY.
9. Convenor: Secretary ARCCS-VU2GIN: Professional Social Worker: Janab Mohammad Ariff – VU2HRF.
Welcome to the home of World Amateur Radio Day Seminar 2017 organised by the Amateur Radio Convention and Conference Samity – ARCCS (VU2GIN), Kolkata. This is the 5th consecutive year that we are celebrating the World Amateur Radio Day in a grand manner at the Birla Industrial & Technological Museum, Kolkata.
Each year the seminar is attended by over 200 delegates which comprises of Amateur Radio Operators (Hams), Short Wave Listeners (SWLs), School/College Students, Bharat Scouts & Guides and NCC Cadets.
This year we will have a stall for sales of Amateur Radio Equipment and Books at the venue. Special Attraction is the book ‘The life of a rascal’ by Indranil Majumdar (VU2KFR).
Please Note: This year there will be online Delegate Registration and there is maximum capacity of 250 Delegates. If the maximum number is reached online, there will be no spot registrations. The Delegate Registration Fee is Rs.100.00 per head.
Prizes to be won:
1. One Baofeng UV – 5R Professional UHF/VHF Transceiver for Ham Delegate by draw of lots.
2. One Nagoya NL-77OS UHF/VHF Antenna for Ham Delegate by draw of lots..
3. Five Genuine Arduino Uno for general by draw of lots.
4. Three books ‘Introduction to Ham Radio’ by Dr. Jagdish Pandya (VU2JGI) and others, for general by draw of lots.
5. Four star category accomodation (to accompany VIPs at the Hamfest India 2017) for Ham Delegates by draw of lots.
12:01 – 13:30 Hrs – Distribution of Delegate Kits.
13:30 – 14:00 Hrs – Welcome, Call to Order, Introductions and felicitations by MC – Ms. Ramsha Tuba, (VU3RTY) followed by lighting of Diya.
14:00 – 14:10 Hrs – Welcome Message and public dedication of Special Branch (Amateur Radio Emergency Services) of ARCCS by Vice President, Janab Dr. M. Nuruzzaman – MLA, (VU3YOH).
14:10 – 14:20 Hrs – Speech by Chief Guest, Mr. Victor Singh (VU2Qualified), (Principal-The Assembly of God Church School)
14:20 – 14:30 Hrs – Speech by Special Guest of Honour, Shri Debaditya Chakraborty (IAS), (Chief Commissioner – West Bengal, Bharat Scouts & Guides).
14:30 – 14:40 Hrs – Speech by Special Guest of Honour, Prof. Diptarup Bandhyopadhyay (Principal – Kingston Polytechnic College).
14:40 – 15:25 Hrs – Keynote speech by Guest of Honour, Shri Indranil Majumdar (VU2KFR), Inventor.
15:25 – 15:40 Hrs – Q & A session on the Keynote Speech.
15:40 – 15:55 Hrs – Movie on Am0ateur Radio.
15:55 – 16:40 Hrs – Group Discu0ssion on the Theme.
Panelist 1: Special Guest – Prof. Santu Sikdar – VU3BRW (Kingston Polytechnic Institute).
Panelist 2: Special Guest: Dr. Asish Biswas – VU2GMT (Veteran Amateur Radio Operator).
Panelist 3: Shri Santosh Kesavan – VU2SKI (Asst. Secretary – ARCCS)
Panelist 4: Shri Sumit Shankar Dey – VU2BCC (President – ARCCS)
Panelist 5: Convenor – Janab Mohammad Ariff – VU2HRF (Secretary – ARCCS).
16:40 – 16:55 Hrs – Q & A session on Group Discussion.
16:55 – 17:10 Hrs – Note on Radio JOVE Project & Vote of thanks by Convenor, Janab Mohammad Ariff – VU2HRF (Secretary ARCCS).
17:10 – 17:30 Hrs – Momento Presentations and Prize Distribution.
17:30 – 18:30 Hrs – High Tea and seminar ends.